Serving Size: 6 people
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 cup brown rice
For the salmon:
1 lb. fresh salmon
1 Tbps olive oil
1 Tbps Bragg’s Ginger & Sesame Dressing
For the coleslaw:
2 bags broccoli slaw (or regular is fine)
1/2 cup avocado mayo
1/2 cup Bragg’s Ginger & Sesame Dressing
2 Tbps GF soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
Pepper to taste
For the sauce & lettuce cups:
3 Tbps GF soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
1 Tbps honey
1/2 tsp. ginger
6-7 lettuce scoops (or romaine lettuce)
lemon wedges & sesame seeds for topping
- Add one cup of brown rice and two cups of water to a small pot. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salmon by coating with olive oil and Bragg’s sesame & ginger dressing. Cook on medium heat in a skillet for 4-6 minutes each side, or until salmon becomes flaky.
- Prepare coleslaw in a large mixing bowl. Combine broccoli slaw, avocado mayo, Bragg’s sesame & ginger sauce, soy sauce, and pepper. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Prepare sauce in a small bowl. Combine soy sauce, honey and ginger. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Once the salmon is done, use two forks and shred salmon (as you would chicken) into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- To assemble the lettuce wraps: Add 2-3 spoonfuls of brown rice to a lettuce scoop. Next, add 3-4 heaping spoonfuls of coleslaw, followed by desired chunks of salmon. Drizzle 1-2 spoonfuls of sauce and top with lemon wedges & sesame seeds if desired.
This is the perfect recipe for the upcoming season of lent! If you feel your dinner routine has become monotonous & repetitive, give this delicious recipe a try! Salmon is low in saturated fat, a good source of protein, and is packed with nutrients (try omega-3s, B12, potassium, and vitamin D).