Single Batch: Serves 3-4, Double Batch: Serves 6-8
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1 can coconut milk
1.5 cups uncooked brown rice
1 red bell pepper
1 big carrot
1 red onion
1 bag of slaw mix
2-3 green onions
1/4 cup GF soy sauce
1/2 cup Natural peanut butter
3 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 Tbps honey
1 Tbps water
- Add 1.5 cups water, can of coconut milk, and brown rice to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Dice red bell pepper, zucchini, and red bell pepper and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Use a potato peeler and peel carrot “scraps.” Add to vegetable salad mix.
- Add 1 bag of slaw mix and cut up green onions to the vegetable salad mix.
- To prepare the sauce, add GF soy sauce, peanut butter, and honey to a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt peanut butter.
- Add ginger and water to sauce mix and stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Put together your bowls by adding coconut rice and vegetable salad mix. Drizzle sauce over bowls and top with cilantro, cashews, and lime juice.
I love that this recipe loads vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats all in one delicious bowl. Want extra protein? Increase the amount of peanut butter or add 1 can of garbanzo beans to the salad mixture. Perfect dinner when you are craving takeout Chinese food but want to choose healthier options! Let me know how yours turns out!
*I am affiliated with Amazon and these are paid links
One thought on “Coconut Thai Veggie Bowls”