Serving Size: 4
Total Time: 30 Minutes
4 whole grain (or GF) pita breads
1/2 cup hummus
2 chicken breasts
1 Tbps olive oil
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
- Preheat grill (or oven) to 350 degrees. Prepare chicken by brushing olive oil on each breast and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Depending on thickness, grill chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes (30-40 minutes for the oven) until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, slice cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions horizontally into thin slices.
- Once chicken is done cooking, cut into 1 inch cubed pieces.
- Assemble pita breads: smear hummus on each pita bread and the add the chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- Top with chopped basil.