Serving Size: 4-6
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
1.5 cups uncooked white or brown rice
1 sweet onion
1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic (or 2 t. minced garlic)
1 small bag matchsticks carrots
2 heads broccoli
1/2 cup coconut aminos
3 T. sesame oil
salt & pepper to taste
3 t. ground ginger
1 lb. grass fed beef
Toppings: scallions, sesame seeds, cashews
- Add uncooked rice and approximately 3 cups of water to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low, and cover for 20 minutes (or until rice is fully cooked).
- Dice onion. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to large pan. Saute onions for 4-6 minutes.
- While the onions are sautéing, chop broccoli into one inch pieces. Add carrots, broccoli, 1/3 cup coconut aminos, 2 T. sesame oil, 2 t. ginger, and salt and pepper to pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add ground beef, 2 T. coconut aminos, 1 t. ginger, salt and pepper to a separate pan. Cook on medium heat until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Assemble stir fry bowls: rice, ground beef, veggies, and top with scallions, sesame seeds, and cashews.